SafetyOn is the H&S organisation for the Onshore wind sector
Providing leadership in health and safety for the dynamic and innovative onshore wind industry, SafetyOn ensure transparency about the industry’s H&S performance, as well as assisting industry stakeholders to see that key emerging risks are mitigated through co-operation and shared learning.
SafetyOn work to:
- provide health and safety leadership across the onshore wind sector;
- seek participation of companies from across the onshore wind sector and partner with relevant trade organisations, consultancies and others;
- monitor and gather data on the health and safety performance of the sector;
- make use of and ensure effective communication of new and existing good practice and experience both from the UK and internationally;
- seek to share knowledge and good practice with associated sectors, including offshore wind, conventional generation and power networks, in the UK and beyond as appropriate
Working through the Energy Institute SafetyOn will establish an open network of safety and health experts, professionals and stakeholders to promote a strong, sustainable and continually improving health and safety culture. Thousands are employed in the UK’s onshore wind industry, and SafetyOn is playing a part in making sure they go home safe.